Monday, September 29, 2008

Entering content frameTerminal Engine

Definition

SAPConsole and the user interact through an I/O Engine. An I/O Engine may offer several modes of work.

Use

This graphic is explained in the accompanying text







(1)

(2)

(3)

(1) Name of the I/O Engine

(2) Configuration of the I/O Engine

(3) Description of the I/O Engine


Config.If the Engine is configurable, the button will be enabled. Click on it to configure the I/O Engine.

There are three possibilities to characterize the behavior of an I/O Engine:

  1. Non-configurable: The Config. button will be disabled and there is no need to change the configuration.
  2. Configurable – system-wide: The terminal engine is configurable, but does not support profiles. If you change the configuration in one profile, it will be changed in all other profiles at the same time.
  3. Configurable – by profile: You have to configure the I/O Engine for each profile. The configuration will not be taken over from one profile to another. Cloning a profile – as described in the next section – does not clone the internal configuration of the I/O Engine.

Note

For further information about a specific engine you should refer to the engine’s user manual. It is very important to read the instructions on how to use the engine to create the profiles according to the engine’s configuration options.

0 comments: